Last month I had the opportunity to write a guest blog post for Modest Money. In this guest blog post I covered the top five things mutual funds companies don't really want you to know:
1. The majority of mutual funds underperform the stock market
2. Good fund managers are lured away by other mutual fund companies
3. When a lot of people start withdrawing money from their mutual funds, all fund owners suffer
4. Even if you don’t sell your mutual funds, you’ll still pay taxes any capital gains
5. All mutual funds have fees, including index funds
Bonus #6: What They Really Don’t Want You to Know!: The Solution
Click here to read the complete blog post.
Thanks to Jeremy for the opportunity to write for Modest Money!
Did you enjoy reading this article? If so, I encourage you to sign up for my newsletter and have these articles delivered via e-mail once a month…and it’s free!