Dividends are cash payments made to shareholders. As a shareholder you are part owner of the company and therefore are entitled to share in the profits. Dividends can also help you determine when a share is undervalued, and priced right for purchase.
There are a number of other additional benefits to owning dividend paying shares, and I discuss my top five in this article.
1. Dividends provide an immediate return
2. Your safety buffer against the worst case scenario
3. Dividends increase over time
4. Dividends have a long history of being paid
5. Dividend yield can help you determine when to buy
Thanks to My Own Advisor for allowing me to guest post on his awesome site!
Did you enjoy reading this article? If so, I encourage you to sign up for my newsletter and have these articles delivered via e-mail once a month…and it’s free!